Rebates of up to $1000 Available to Queensland Households on Energy Efficient Appliances
The Queensland Government is launching a new rebate for energy efficient appliances from September 4. This will provide between $300 and $1000 back when you purchase an energy efficient appliance.
This is great news and I strongly encourage locals to take advantage of it.
Every Queensland household will be eligible for a rebate and there will be added savings for low income households.
For instance, the rebate on a new energy efficient (four star or higher) fridge would be $350 for most households and $600 for low income ones.
You can register your interest in finding our more about the program before it launches on September 4 here.
This is one of a number of measures the Palaszczuk Government is taking to reduce cost of living pressures on our community. Other changes include:
- A $550 energy rebate for every household
- Making Kindy Free from next year – saving local families up to $4,600 a year
- Cheaper learner licences – We cut the fee for all learner licences by more than half down to $75 to save families and young drivers starting out
- Discounted public transport fares for children and students
- Up to $295 per student per year towards textbook costs
- Rental bond loans for private rental accommodation
- Fee-Free TAFE available for eligible Queenslanders
There are multiple other savings available. Find out more here.
Find out more about My Plan for Rocky and Gracemere here.